Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Water's Fine


Rain Drenching the Shoreline

Sting Rays Under the Surf City Pier
(They're kind of hard to see: look for the small gray discs in the middle of the picture)

Here are some pictures from the beach trip Erica and I made this past week. We were in Surf City, and the weather was great (though the first day was overcast and generally uncooperative); I also had just enough time to go offshore fishing with my dad and new brother-in-law. The only thing we caught was a two-foot long sand shark, but being on the water was relaxing.

I've got oodles of things to share in the coming days: for now, though, I'm going to enjoy this thunderstorm that's starting to bulldoze the Charlotte area.

And, you know, I don't want to get fried by lightning while writing a blog.

Oh, I almost forgot: happy birthday to Al Cousen! I think he's like 84, or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment